HRM 410 Entire Course Strategic Staffing NEW DeVry
HRM 410 Entire Course Strategic Staffing NEW DeVry
A+ Course Project| Interview Questions| Application Form| Discussions Week 1-7
HRM 410 Course Project DeVry
You are the new HR Business Partner at a medium-size organization and it is your job to create an original (not copied from the text or other sources) handbook with many of the tools needed in the strategic staffing process. The body of the project should develop the following staffing tools. Organize your paper through use of headings, which correspond to the following topics and tools:
- Provide the brief background of your organization (you can use a real one or fictitious one.) Introduce the company to which the strategic staffing handbook applies. Talk about things such as the number of employees, years in business, strategic focus, mission, the types of positions this company has, and it’s purpose in the industry. End with a strong thesis statement that sets the stage for the rest of the handbook. In other words the last one or two sentences of this section should summarize what you plan to talk about in this document.
- Define strategic staffing, as it pertains to your organization. (TCOs 1 and 2).
Transition from the introduction where you talked about the company to talking about what the definition of strategic staffing is, why it’s important to staff strategically and how you will go about making sure that strategic staffing happens in your company. You will cite things you use to help you develop the definition of strategic staffing. Explain how staffing structure, policies, practices, procedures, information systems, budgets and legal reporting requirements can be implemented as an integrated staffing management system to help organizations meet their strategic goals. At the end of the section, you need to transition into the job analysis section, where you discuss the importance of having job analysis in place in order to effectively staff the organization.
- Job Analysis (TCO 4). Identify the components of a complete job analysis (job content, requirements, competencies, compensation) and explain how the different parts of an integrated staffing management system contributes to each component. Explain how your organization will perform job analysis (i.e. method, timing, and who). If JA will be done differently at different levels of the organization, be sure to explain that difference.
- Legal Aspects of Staffing. (TCO 3) Given the possible vulnerabilities in today’s litigious environment, identify and describe the laws and regulations that affect the recruiting and selection process. (Include at least 3 laws/regulations that pertain to recruiting or selection, and explain their pertinence to your company’s strategy on staffing, in plain language geared to your middle managers and hiring managers).
- Recruiting (TCO 5). Describe the decisions involved in planning for effective recruitment, including sources (internal, external), types, and messages.
After putting a job analysis in place for all positions in an organization, we know what we are looking for in regards to KSAs needed…
HRM 410 Interview Questions Assignment Week 5 DeVry
Using the template provided in DocSharing (using this form is required), create a list of ten (10) structured interview questions and submit it to your Dropbox by the end of Week 5 using the following guidelines:
- Your original questions (e.g. written by you) should only contain legally allowable, job related inquiries. Act as if the organization you are working for is obligated under Title VII and the other major, federal employment laws when writing these questions.
- A brief rationale for each question must be included (e.g. why this question is important; what type of information you are hoping to elicit from the candidate with the question).
- Students are encouraged to include behavioral interview questions.
- You should not provide a sample…
HRM 410 Application Form Assignment Week 6 DeVry
You are the new HR manager for this fictitious (private sector) company, which has hundreds of employees and is clearly obligated under Title VII and other major employment regulations. Rather than starting over from scratch with a brand new application form, many HR managers would likely take a look at the existing form first.
Using the table located at the very bottom of this document, identify the ten (10) items that are legally problematic* on this employment application form, why they are problematic, and what could possibly be in their place, if applicable. Use of the table is required.
HRM 410 Discussions Week 1-7 All Posts 431 Pages DeVry
HRM 410 Organizational Strategic Planning and Staffing and Staffing Implementation Model Discussions Week 1 All Posts 58 Pages DeVry
HRM 410 Organizational Strategic Planning and Staffing Discussions 1 Week 1 All Posts 30 Pages DeVry
What is the connection between organizational strategic planning and business planning and staffing? Can you do effective staffing without knowing the organization’s strategic direction? Why is it important to know the strategic vision of the various departments…
HRM 410 Staffing Implementation Model Discussions 2 Week 1 All Posts 28 Pages DeVry
How would you design a staffing model to work effectively with the organizational needs and with sufficient metrics to know that you are finding the right candidates? What is the relationship between the approach to staffing used in the organization and measurement?…
HRM 410 Business Implications of the Laws and Employment Law Review Discussions Week 2 All Posts 68 Pages DeVry
HRM 410 Business Implications of the Laws Discussions 1 Week 2 All Posts 33 Pages DeVry
When we are performing our staffing jobs, we aren’t working in a vacuum from the rest of society. What are the broader implications of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 and the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 for the organization and staffing? Is age discrimination alive and well in many organizations? What are…
HRM 410 Employment Law Review Discussions 2 Week 2 All Posts 35 Pages DeVry
There are many employment laws to discuss and review this week. Let’s look at these laws from your point of view. Which of the major employment laws do you find the most interesting and why? Which law, executive order, or court decision do you think is the most influential and has the most impact on staffing? Are there any…
HRM 410 Job Analysis Techniques and Legal Issues and KSAs and Behavioral Competencies Discussions Week 3 All Posts 58 Pages DeVry
HRM 410 Job Analysis Techniques and Legal Issues Discussions 1 Week 3 All Posts 31 Pages DeVry
Let’s start with the various job analysis techniques. What factors affect the job analysis method chosen by an employer? Would an employer’s unique business type and environment affect the method chosen? How? I have found that many people confuse the concept of job analysis with that of a job description. What is the difference in these two concepts?…
HRM 410 KSAs and Behavioral Competencies Discussions 2 Week 3 All Posts 27 Pages DeVry
What issues can affect the accuracy of a KSA collection? How can these be overcome? Are there special issues or concerns when it comes to discovering the employee behaviors that are required in the position? Why…
HRM 410 Interview Strategy and Recruitment Discussions Week 4 All Posts 62 Pages DeVry
HRM 410 Interview Strategy Discussions 1 Week 4 All Posts 32 Pages DeVry
What are some of the most effective interview questions that you use or have heard from others? What makes them effective? Let’s diagnose some of the most ineffective interview questions that you’ve heard in the past. How can they be fixed to be more…
HRM 410 Recruitment Discussions 2 Week 4 All Posts 30 Pages DeVry
In today’s world, recruiting new employees has taken on a global aspect, even in small mom & pop shops. In searching for the best and highest performing employees, Human Resource managers have so many ways to find new employees. What are some of those ways?…
HRM 410 Effective Assessments and Selection Tools Discussions Week 5 All Posts 64 Pages DeVry
HRM 410 Effective Assessments Discussions 1 Week 5 All Posts 31 Pages DeVry
When you think about all of the assessments that are used in the entire staffing process, which ones are the most effective at helping find the right candidates? What are some of the assessment that you would like to avoid and why? As you consider this, would the same assessment be an effective tool for every position? What’s the best way to go about selecting an effective assessment method?…
HRM 410 Selection Tools Discussions 2 Week 5 All Posts 33 Pages DeVry
Controversy continues over privacy when applying for a job. Some employers are requiring candidates to take integrity tests, polygraph tests, drug tests, and/or handwriting tests (graphology). Are these selection tools…
HRM 410 Measures of Job Performance and Performance Feedback and the Employee Discussions Week 6 All Posts 60 Pages DeVry
HRM 410 Measures of Job Performance Discussions 1 Week 6 All Posts 30 Pages DeVry
What are the different ways to measure performance of an employee? Which approaches stand up the best over time and actually lead to improved performance? Can we actually measure most employee performance—such as work behaviors? Isn’t there a lot of subjectivity to employee performance?….
HRM 410 Performance Feedback and the Employee Discussions 2 Week 6 All Posts 30 Pages DeVry
Why are employees “uptight” when it comes to receiving feedback from their manager? Do employees really get any benefit or value from the organization’s performance feedback system? Does the organization actually benefit or is all this a waste of time? Would it be better to simply supply ongoing coaching and forget the formal…
HRM 410 Retention and Staffing and To Retain or Not Discussions Week 7 All Posts 61 Pages DeVry
HRM 410 Retention and Staffing Discussions 1 Week 7 All Posts 33 Pages DeVry
Explain the role of the staffing professional and the staffing process in employee retention. Isn’t it all over with once the individual is hired and staffing moves on to the next open position? Explain. How does the work environment…
HRM 410 To Retain or Not Discussions 2 Week 7 All Posts 28 Pages DeVry
When it comes to keeping employees in the organization, are we interested in trying to find ways to retain every existing employee? Are there certain employees who actually benefit themselves and the organization by leaving? When do we have too much turnover and when do we not have enough turnover?…